Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult care
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage practice and lead others in adult care services.
It covers a wide range of topics including:
• leadership and management
• governance and regulatory processes
• quality assurance
• safeguarding, protection and risk
• communication, relationships and partnership working
• person-centred practice for positive outcomes
• professional development, supervision and performance management
• decision-making skills
• entrepreneurial skills and innovation
• the management of specific services.
Developed with and supported by Skills for Care, this qualification has been designed to meet the requirements for the new Apprenticeship Standard for Leader in Adult Care.
Learners must achieve the 20 mandatory units (75 credits) and the remaining 15 credits from the optional units to achieve a minimum of 90 credits in total.